Just Wholefoods Organic Vegan Houmous Mix 125g
A classic dip traditionally prepared in Greek and Arabic kitchens, blending crushed chick peas, garlic, toasted sesame seeds and parsley - ready for you to prepare.
It is known that chickpeas are among the oldest foods, people have been eating them for 10,000 years, and as they contain vitamin C, iron, folates and vitamin B6, we should keep on eating them!
When served with any grain based food, like bread or corn tortillas, you can get all the essential amino acids your body needs - so why not try some on a slice of toast?
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Chick Pea flour*, Toasted Sesame Flour*, Onion Powder*, Sea Salt, Paprika*, Garlic Powder*, Parsley*, Ground Black Pepper*.
* = Certified Organic Ingredient processed in accordance with EU standards.
May contain traces of Gluten due to manufacturing processes of some of the ingredients.
Nutritional Information per 100g:
Energy 328kcal/1384kJ, Fat 6.3g of which saturates 0.9, Carbohydrate 56.2 of which sugars 6.8g, Fibre 12g, Protein 23.5g, Salt 2.3g
Directions for use:
- Empty the contents of the sachet into a bowl
- Add 180ml (6 1/2 fl. oz.) of boiling water and stir briskly until the mixture is smooth
- Add the juice of half a lemon, a table spoon of vegetable oil and mix well
- When cool, cover and leave to chill in the fridge
To serve, dust with a sprikling of paprika and fresh coriander if desired.
Use as a dip with raw vegetables, bread sticks or tacos. For a creamier texture, stir in 2 table spoons of natural yoghurt (natural soya yoghurts are also good).
Organic (Soil Association Approved) UK5, Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.