Just Wholefoods Organic Vegan Falafel Mix 120g
Just Wholefoods Organic Falafel Mix. Based on an authentic Middle Eastern recipe combining chick peas with coriander, cumin and garlic to create the perfect partner for a warm pitta bread – ready for you to cook.
Hot crunchy falafels are easy to make, and are a great snack or alternative to sandwiches in a lunchbox.
Popular throughout the Middle East and all over the world where people have migrated from these countries. There are some variations in the recipe and how to serve them. Very often they are wrapped with a salad in a flat bread (like a soft wheat tortilla) with a tahini sauce drizzled all over.
Pre-cooked Chickpea*, Chickpea Flour*, Brown Rice Flour*, Onion*, Spices (Ground Cumin*, Ground Coriander*, Ground Black Pepper*) Parsley*, Sea Salt, Garlic Powder*
*Certified Organic Ingredient
May also contain Gluten
Nutritional analysis per 100g:
Energy 316kcal/1336kJ, Fat 5.7g of which saturates 0.8g, Carbohydrate 46.8g of which sugars 6g, Fibre 13.1g, Protein 19.4g, Salt 2.6g
Directions for use:
- Empty the contents of the sachet into a saucepan with 225 ml (8 fl oz) of cold water, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and stir well.
- Bring the mixture gently to the boil, stirring all the time
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on the saucepan, stirring occasionally
- Remove pan from heat and leave to cool - keep the lid on the pan. When the mixture is cool enough to handle, shape into round balls (approximately 10).
- Fry the balls in a little hot oil for 3-4 minutes until golden brown
Serve with a sprinkling of crushed sea salt and lemon juice if desired.
Serve hot Falafels in a warm pitta bread and a crisp salad garnish or try serving on a bed of steamed cous cous with with a spicy vegetable stew.
rganic (Soil Association Approved) UK5, Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans